Middle School students at FLI have the option to participate in Student Council. Student Council provides invaluable leadership experience and an opportunity to serve the FLI community as representatives of the student body. It is also a great learning tool to help students understand how government works and its role in society.
Responsibilities of Student Council members are to:
• Uphold school rules, as well as set positive examples for other students
• Collaborate with students, faculty and administration to generate ideas to improve student life
• Oversee, coordinate, plan and attend middle school assemblies and activities under the supervision of the Student Council advisors and the Head of the Middle School
• Meet with the other Student Council representatives monthly to discuss events and issues related to Student Council, the school and the larger community
• Support the efforts of the community service program at the school through fundraisers and outreach events